Thursday, August 27, 2015

Kat Bouska’s Writing Prompt August 27th – To Die For Refrigerator Oatmeal

Through another blogger’s post, I found this writing prompt and thought I’d try it.

Every week Kat Bouska invites us to join her Writer’s Workshop by responding to one of the provided writing prompts posted each Tuesday. The directions are simple:

  • Choose a writing prompt from the list provided that inspires you most.
  • Write.
  • Come back this Thursday and link up by pasting the URL from your post into the list of thumbnails that will be displayed.

This weeks pompts were:

1. Write a blog post in exactly 12 lines.
2. Write a post where the first and last sentence contain any form of the word “creep”
3. Write a blog post from your dog’s perspective about he/she feels about your kids going back to school.
4. Find a brunch recipe on Pinterest and try it out! Was it successful?
5. Share the story behind your current Facebook and/or Twitter profile photo.
6. What is sabotaging your plan to drop 5 pounds?

*****************************************************

If you are like me, mornings are a rush.  Have to get up, get ready and get to work on time.  I forgot to put have breakfast in that list so add eat breakfast on the run.  Need something convenient and quick.  This does not have to mean a stop at Wawa or Dunkin Donuts on the way which is what I would often do before I decided I needed to buckle down and lose weight.  I was looking through Pinterest one day and happened upon this recipe for oatmeal that you make ahead of time.  It is not your hot oatmeal for the colder months but a cool and refreshing summertime alternative.  It is so delicious, my husband and I have become addicted to having it several times a week.

First a plug for the Pinterest site that I borrowed the recipe from:  The Yummy Life

This is so easy to make, takes up little space in your refrigerator and has so many variations to you can please any palate.  To obtain the full instructions and all it variations, the author’s Pinterest site has a link to the website http://ift.tt/S8lD9U.

Bon appetit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment