Tuesday, August 18, 2015

#HeartWalk – American Heart Association Heart Walk – Team Mary from Tipperary

1128316_168151236404987As many of you know, my mother passed away in January after suffering from a stroke in October 2014.  A few years ago she had heart surgery to by-pass seven blocked arteries.  Some of you may know that many years ago, my father died from a sudden heart attack.  He had been only 45 years of age.  It is plain to me that stroke and heart disease are a leading cause of death.

Imagine the impact if we reduce death and disability from cardiovascular diseases and stroke by 20 percent by 2020!

On September 13, 2015, my husband, my daughter and I are participating in the Heart Walk to promote physical activity to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke for our loved ones and ourselves.

We are team MARY FROM TIPPERARY and we walk in the memory of my mom who was born and raised in County Tipperary, Ireland.

Maryann Dave Shannon

Please help us reach this lifesaving goal by donating today. Together, we can make healthier, longer lives possible for everyone. Why? … Life, life is why.  Thanks in advance for your support.

Link to Maryann’s donation page:  http://ift.tt/1hLnqGE

Link to team Mary from Tipperary page:  http://ift.tt/1URH1Dj

No comments:

Post a Comment