Monday, July 20, 2015

Sunday Photo Fiction Challenge – Nursery Crhymes (Part 2)

Submitted for Sunday Photo Fiction071915

spf

The Assignment: The idea of Photo Fiction is write a story of around 100-200 words (which is also called Flash Fiction) based on a photo as a prompt. In this particular photo fiction, the story must be based on the photo below.  You can submit you story as well as read others at the link above.

On Sunday July 12th, I began a multiple part story, Nursery Crhymes which I continue today.  To read the story from the beginning, click here.

Credit: Al Forbes

Credit: Al Forbes

Nursery Crhymes (Part 2)

“He’s in London?” said Agent Bennett.

“No he is still here. To be safe, I’ve briefed London and sent men down to the various Manhattan bridges,” said the Chief.

In the briefing room, Chief addressed his officers.

“Remember your nursery rhymes and be more cunning. Any small detail, speak up.”

After the briefing, Officer Crimson returned to her desk in time to answer a call.

“Hello.”

“Hi mom. I’m home but I have to get back to Madison Square Garden.”

“Home?” Before he could answer, she remembered. “Right you have the engineering competition this week. Can I expect you for dinner?”

“I’m hoping to persuade this girl Kim to go out. I haven’t been able to locate her. You should see her scale model of the London Bridge. Her display was very popular, so I suppose she is taking a break.

“London Bridge?

“Yes. Why?”

“Odd but this may be connected to a serial killer we’ve been hunting.

“What!”

She turned to find the Chief and he looked grave.

“The body of a female student has been found in Madison Square Garden, dressed like a Queen and hidden under a scale model of the London Bridge. Another audio file has been received but this time it’s a few lyrics of a song.”

Gather ‘round the throne

Oh, when they gather ‘round the throne

Dear Lord, I want to be in that number

When they gather ‘round the throne

No comments:

Post a Comment