Sunday, April 24, 2016

#sundayphotofiction #atozchallenge extra – And Though The News Was Rather Sad

Submitted for Sunday Photo Fiction

spf

Today I am participating in the Sunday Photo Fiction prompt. You can find out about this weekly blogging challenge at the link above.  We are provided with the photograph below as a prompt for our stories.

Since I am participating in the A to Z Challenge all during the month of April, I have written a story that stays with my theme for the challenge, A 1970s Time Capsule.  I hope you’ll visit my posts for the challenge too. It is 1970 and two teenagers received very bad news yeste. Please enjoy And Though The New Was Rather Sad.

Credit: Al Forbes

Credit: Al Forbes

Having skipped school today, Paul and Tracey wandered the streets of London. They couldn’t go to school after the bad news. John, Paul, George and Ringo were no more.

“Come on Tracey. Let’s go in the museum to take our minds off the Beatles breaking up.”Reaching for her hand, Paul sang, “🎶 I want to hold your hand.”

With fresh tears, Tracey smiled and took his hand.

Inside the museum, the couple followed along with the other patrons. Stopping to view an exhibit on birds, Tracey sang, “🎶 Blackbird singing in the dead of night.”

At the display on ancient man, Paul sang, “🎶 Ah look at all the lonely people.”

Turning to face him, Tracey sang, “🎶 Though I know I’ll never lose affection for people and things that went before. I know I’ll often stop and think about them. In my life I love you more.”

Paul and Tracey entered the Hall of Dinosaurs where a crowd was milling around a large animatronic T-Rex. They looked up in amazement while Paul sang, “🎶 Here come old flat top, he come grooving out slowly. He got joo joo eye ball, he one holy roller.”

Laughing, Tracey sang, “🎶 It’s getting better all the time, can’t get no worse.”

“Let’s go and find other Beatles fans,” said Paul and then he sang, “🎶 I get by with a little help from my friends.”

In this story, I make reference to various lyrics to Beatles songs for which I do not own the rights. It is purely for educational purpose and I gain no financial benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment