Saturday, December 19, 2015

Sunday Photo Fiction – Could a Donkey Love an Elephant (Part 4)

Submitted for Sunday Photo Fiction

spf

The Assignment: The idea of Photo Fiction is write a story of around 100-200 words (which is also called Flash Fiction) based on a photo as a prompt. In this particular photo fiction, the story must be based on the photo below. My story continues from last week.  Two people with different beliefs meet. Can they make it work.  Let’s find out what is next for them.  To read the story from the beginning, click HERE

Credit: Al Forbes

Credit: Al Forbes

Could a Donkey Love An Elephant (Part 4)

When Roger and Julie were finished their coffee, Roger said, “Would you like to go to dinner with me next week?”

Julie smiled when she answered him, “I would like that. Let me give you my number.”

Taking out his phone, Roger entered her number and said, “I’ll give you a call during the week but now I have to meet my father. He is probably finished at the rally by now.”

Stepping out onto the sidewalk, Roger and Julie moved toward the crosswalk where the indicator changed to “walk”. Suddenly there was a screeching of tires and the blowing of horns. An old woman dressed in dirty rags lay in the middle of the street, her shopping cart overturned and all her belongings strewn everywhere. No one came forward to help the homeless woman.

Moving fast toward the fallen woman, Julie said, “Roger call 9-1-1!”

No comments:

Post a Comment